“Prison Watch” Public Association will hold 3 days training course on “Penitentiary Psychology” for young psychologists. 20-30 year old young psychologists, as well as students studing in this area can apply for participation.Training is considered to be held on 15th, 16th, 17th August, 2011. The following subjects will be discussed at the training:
1.The subjects, principles, features of psychological activities implemented in correctional facilities.
1. Psychological portrait and personality features of sentenced people
– Psychological features of juvenile prisoners
– Psychological features of woman prisoners
– Sentenced people with psychological disorder
– Some of behavior examples expressed by sentenced prisoners in penal institutions.
2. Socio-psychological features of sentenced group
– Values, rules
– Status within sentenced group
3. Intercourse in prison
– Social psychological features of the intercourse with sentenced people
– Intercourse among sentenced people
– Conflict situations
4. Methods of learning the sentenced people private psychological features, conduction of psychodiagnostic and correction, and the other used methods
– Subject and duties of sentenced people correction process and influencing factors
– Methods of psychological influence to the sentenced people in correction process
5. Socio-psychological problems of adaptation to freedom condition of sentenced people after the detention period is completed
6. Psychological activities conducted for working staff with sentenced-people
Psychological seminars will be organized for the purpose of application theoretical knowledge, gained during the training period, to the practice by the participation of the young psychologists for young prisoners and correctional establishment controllers in penal institutions.
P.S. Course is free of charge.
Interested young psychologists may send their CV`s to email@example.com e-mail address. Deadline: 10 August. For additional information: (012) 437 82 47, (055) 484 00 06